Supporting local business since 1888.
The Milton Chamber of Commerce was originated as the Milton Board of Trade in October 1888. The Board of Trade reformed and changed its name to the Milton Chamber of Commerce in 1952. In the early years of the Chamber events included trade fairs, the Santa Claus parade, clean up and beautification of Milton and even beauty pageants.
The Board of Trade changed its name to the Milton Chamber of Commerce in 1952 and in 1965 received its provincial charter. In 1975, the Chamber opened the Information Centre in the old CN station which was to be moved to Triangle Park (now Chris Hadfield Park) from Bronte Street. In 1998, the Chamber relocated to the old Town Hall on Main Street, where it exists today.
In 2013 the Milton Chamber of Commerce had their 125 year anniversary. To celebrate this occasion the MCC rebranded itself with a new look and feel, and logo. During the past 128 years the Chamber’s roles has evolved but it continues to be a progressive organization focusing on business growth and prosperity.