- This event has passed.
Business Essentials – Managing Disability in the Workplace and the Duty to Accommodate
January 19 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Managing Disability in the Workplace and the Duty to Accommodate
Disability management is a persistent and complex workplace issue that arises for employers of all sizes. In this presentation, we’ll examine the following topics, among others:
- The duty to accommodate, including procedural and substantive obligations – Limits to the duty to accommodate
- Responsibilities of the union and employees in the accommodation process
- The threshold for establishing undue hardship
- Attendance management best practices
- Frustration of contract
- Dealing with mental health issues in the workplace
- Understand recent and developing trends in human rights jurisprudence.
- Develop a framework for addressing accommodation issues.
- Identify accommodation issues that can present significant liability to your organization.
Thursday, January 19
10:30 Am – 11:30 AM
Free for members
Non-member: $10 +HST