Milton’s Voice of Business
The Milton Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit, membership-based, organization representing over 700 member businesses that employ over 26,000 people in our community. The Milton Chamber’s primary role is advocacy, fostering a business-friendly environment, and allowing the free enterprise system to thrive. Chamber events such as Business After Hours, Special Events, and Breakfast Meetings provide networking opportunities for members to interact, inform and develop business relationships; a characteristic of a strong business community.
The Chamber acts as a partner to member businesses by promoting them through member-to-member advertising, member-first referrals, and Chamber-sponsored publications and events.
Chamber Programs and Services
The programs and services provided by the Chamber of Commerce are designed to meet the needs of the Chamber membership and the Milton community
- Networking Events – make contacts and generate leads
- Business Seminars – tools to help you do business better
- Member Advertising Opportunities – targeted marketing to businesses, community & visitors
- Government Affairs – representing key business issues
Board of Directors
Chamber volunteers and staff are guided in their day-to day activities by the Chamber’s statement of Mission and Goals. Our Board of Directors and Executive Committee are charged with overall responsibility for the Chamber’s strategic direction and policy.
Milton Chamber of Commerce Goals
Membership and Programming
- Target youth and other specific membership segments
- Increase emphasis on knowledge exchange in programs and activities
- Leverage technology in attracting and retaining members
- Launch projects that create community visibility and awareness
- Refocus activities to reflect the changing needs of a growing community
Policy and Advocacy
- Raise the visibility of existing advocacy activities
- Expand and formalize policy development through a policy committee, partnerships, member discussion papers and allocation of necessary resources
- Increase involvement with Ontario Chamber of Commerce and Canadian Chamber of Commerce advocacy initiatives.
- Improve Chamber messaging, visibility and brand recognition
- Ensure adequate technology resources are in place to support strategic goals
- Review the current governance/committee structure and create a comprehensive succession plan for Board, staff and volunteers
- Expand and enhance partnering, outreach and engagement with other groups and organizations