Milton’s Voice of Business
The Milton Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit, membership-based, organization representing over 700 member businesses that employ over 26,000 people in our community. The Chamber acts as a partner to member businesses by fostering connection and addressing collective problems. The Milton Chamber offers countless opportunities for members and their staff to save on business services, health and dental benefits, as well as staff training at our free seminars, workshops, and webinars.
The Milton Chamber of Commerce originated as the Milton Board of Trade in October 1888. The Board of Trade reformed and changed its name to the Milton Chamber of Commerce in 1952. In the early years of the Chamber events included trade fairs, the Santa Claus parade, clean up and beautification of Milton, and even beauty pageants.
The Board of Trade changed its name to the Milton Chamber of Commerce in 1952 and in 1965 received its provincial charter. In 1975, the Chamber opened the Information Centre in the old CN station which was to be moved to Triangle Park (now Chris Hadfield Park) from Bronte Street. In 1998, the Chamber relocated to the old Town Hall on Main Street, where it exists today.
In 2013 the Milton Chamber of Commerce had its 125-year anniversary. To celebrate this occasion the MCC rebranded itself with a new look and feel, and logo. Since the day of the Chamber’s inception our roles have evolved but it we continue to be a progressive organization focusing on business growth and prosperity.