Summer positions at the Milton Chamber
The Milton Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking a Communications Clerk and a Milton Farmers’ Market Coordinator, both student positions. Please see below for job descriptions, deadline to apply is April 5, 2019.
Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Full-time position (Monday to Friday) for college or university student either entering a post secondary institution or returning to full time studies in September. Position starts April 29, 2019. Successful applicant will be responsible for developing an accurate and comprehensive database of all businesses in Milton for use in various publications in the community and region. Database information received by fax, email and telephone. Visits to area businesses required.
Required skills include:
- good computer skills with knowledge of database programs
- customer service oriented with strong communications skills
- experience dealing with public
- strong organizational skills
- pleasant telephone manner
- flexibility and creativity
- must have access to vehicle
The individual hired for this placement will gain valuable experience in database management supporting a career in accounting, business, communications, marketing and public relations. The skills gained through this placement are transferable to many positions along his/her career path. As we all know the ability to communicate effectively either in the oral or written form is paramount in today’s competitive workplace.
The Milton Chamber of Commerce currently has over 700 members and the information gathered by the Communications Clerk is via personal contact with the business leaders. This connection may lead to future employment in Canada’s fastest growing community.
Milton Farmers’ Market Coordinator
- The opportunity: This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in both an office environment and running a small business. Your primary responsibility is to stock and operate the Cafe. You will also assist with general office duties as required.
- Hours: This is a full-time summer position offering approximately 30 hours per week from May to August. During September and October, we require the manager to be available Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings, approximately 11 hours/week. Position starts April 29, 2019
- Ideal for: 2nd-year University students or above. Must be returning to full-time studies in the fall.
- Note: This position requires the use of a vehicle on Friday and Saturday and a minimum one day during the week (May to August). You will be required to tow the Scholarship Cafe cart. The Chamber will pay for a hitch to be placed on your vehicle.