Summer Job Positions at the Milton Chamber of Commerce
The Milton Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking a Communications Clerk and a Milton Farmers’ Market Coordinator, both student positions. Please note that based on funding, these roles may be combined into one position inclusive of a range of all duties.
Please see below for job descriptions, deadline to apply is April 1, 2021.
Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time position (Monday to Friday) for college or university student either entering a post-secondary institution or returning to full time studies in September. Position starts April 26, 2021. Successful applicant will be responsible for updating the Chamber’s business database (ChamberMaster) to ensure it is an accurate and comprehensive record of all businesses in Milton. Data to be used in various publications and electronic applications in the community and region. Database information received by fax, email, and telephone. Visits to area businesses also required, especially to find those that are new to Milton.
Required skills include:
- good computer skills with knowledge of database programs (ChamberMaster training provided)
- customer service oriented with strong communications skills.
- experience dealing with public.
- strong organizational skills.
- pleasant telephone manner.
- flexibility and creativity.
- must have access to vehicle.
The individual hired for this placement will gain valuable experience in database management supporting a career in accounting, business, communications, marketing, and public relations. The skills gained through this placement are transferable to many positions along his/her career path. As we all know the ability to communicate effectively either in the oral or written form is paramount in today’s competitive workplace.
The Milton Chamber of Commerce currently has over 700 members and the information gathered by the Communications Clerk is via personal contact with the business leaders. This connection may lead to future employment in Canada’s fastest growing community.
Milton Farmers’ Market Coordinator
- The opportunity: This is a unique and dynamic opportunity to gain experience in both an office environment and with running a small business! Your primary responsibility is to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the Farmers’ Market. Duties include preparing for the Market, all administrative tasks related to the Market, liaising with Vendors and the Town as required, and representing the Chamber at the Market each Saturday. You will also assist with general office duties as required.
- Hours: This is a full-time summer position offering approximately 35 hours per week, from April 26, 2021 to August 27, 2021. During September and October, we require the Market Coordinator to be available Saturday mornings from 6:00am – 12:30pm each week.
- Note: This position requires the Farmers’ Market Coordinator to be on-site every Saturday at 6:00 am to prepare the Market for opening. The Coordinator must stay on-site until Market cleanup is complete at approximately 12:30 pm.
- Ideal for: 2nd-year University students or above. Must be returning to full-time studies in the fall.
- Visit miltonfarmersmarket.ca for more information about the Milton Farmers’ Market.