The Milton Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Town of Milton and Milton Economic Development are closely monitoring and assessing new developments pertaining to COVID-19, as well as its impacts on Milton business.
As business owners, employers, employees, and citizens, we recognize that this rapidly changing situation with COVID-19 is causing worry and concern.
To support you through this uncertainty, we have gathered and prepared several resources that you can navigate through these challenging times. We will be updating this page as more information becomes available.
Chamber of Commerce Support
Ontario Chamber of Commerce Resources
- Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce team, in collaboration with Hicks Morley, have put together a toolkit to help support businesses be prepared for any human-resources or operational-related disruptions. The guidelines and resources contained in this toolkit have been prepared to assist businesses in planning for and adaption to the disruption of COVID-19 and any future influenza pandemics. Download the Toolkit here.
Canadian Chamber of Commerce Resources
- Canadian Business Resilience Network
In partnership with the Government of Canada, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce established the Canadian Business Resilience Network to help Canadian businesses navigate the COVID-19 reality and prepare for recovery. Visit the website today.
- Pandemic Preparedness Business Toolkit
To help businesses prepare for and manage through a potential COVID-19 escalation in Canada, the CCC has launched a website: Pandemic Preparedness Business Toolkit.
- Pandemic Preparedness Guide
The Canadian Chamber also developed a brief guide from a number of best practice documents and designed to assist business planning and continuity efforts. This tool includes links to the some of the most relevant and credible information, best practice tools and resources and can be downloaded here: Pandemic Preparedness Guide.
Road to Recovery: What You Need to Know to Re-open
Visit or PPE Micro Procurement Portal and fill in the form for ‘need PPE’. We can match you to a supplier.
Road to Recovery toolkits:
- IBC – Business Insurance Helpline and Management Services
- Cushman Wakefield – Re-opening Guidebook and Safety Checklist
- Retail Council – Recovery Playbook
- Restaurant Re-opening Best Practices
- COVID Return to Work Flow Chart
Sector by Sector Guidelines
Workplace Safety & Prevention Services
Coronavirus Awareness Resources
Preventing COVID-19 in the Workplace
Canadian Centre for Occupational H & S
Business Continuity Resources
- Town of Milton
- Halton Region
- Government of Ontario: COVID-19 information for Ontarians
- Government of Ontario: MULTILINGUAL Fact Sheets about COVID-19
- Centre for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention: COVID-19 Resources
- World Health Organization (WHO): COVID-19 Updates
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Resources for Canadian businesses
Business Support for COVID-19
- Government of Ontario: Guide on How to Develop a Workplace Safety Plan
- Deloitte Small Business Relief Tool
- Government of Canada – Risk-Informed Decision Making for Mass Gatherings During COVID- 19
- Resources for Canadian Business
- Job Protection for Workers during the COVID-19 Situation
- Coronavirus and small business: keeping you and your employees safe
- Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19)
- Government of Canada Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Resources
- OHRC policy statement on the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 Public Resources
- Employment Standards
- An Employer’s Guide to Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Toolkits and Templates
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: Pandemic Preparedness for Business Guide
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: Crisis Communication Plan
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: Business Continuity and Recovery Plan
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce: Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit for Ontario Businesses
- Calgary Chamber of Commerce: Emergency Preparedness Kit
- Business Development Bank of Canada: Business Continuity Plan and Templates for Entrepreneurs
- Workplace Safety and Prevention Services: Business Pandemic Preparedness Checklist
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety: Business Continuity Guide