Making the most of your membership
Take advantage of your Chamber Membership
Chamber Membership means business.
No matter what stage your business is in, belonging to the Chamber builds your brand in the community.
Actions you can take to make your membership work for you:
*Volunteer at an event or on a committee.
Put your networking into overdrive
What’s the quickest way to get noticed? Become a Chamber volunteer. Whether you are working an event or on a committee, you’ll meet hundreds of Milton’s most influential business leaders and you might even have some fun along the way.
* Host an event.
Want the opportunity to showcase your business to our most involved members?
Host (or Co-Host) a Business After Hours or Milton Young Professionals event. These events attract between 30 and 100 people to your location and give you the opportunity to tell your organization’s story. Review the Host Packages then contact Melissa@MiltonChamber.ca for more info.
* Share your knowledge.
Be recognized as an industry leader.
Speak to a Chamber staff member about opportunities to share your knowledge with our members. You might be able to provide an article for a newsletter, present a seminar or webinar. These opportunities are meant to showcase your expertise and be a learning opportunity for our members – not a promotion for your business directly. Please contact Krista@MiltonChamber.ca for more info.
*Sponsor an Event
Looking to give your business some major exposure? Event sponsorship is the answer no matter what your budget.
Entry level sponsorships are available starting from a prize donation to the Presenting Sponsor level of a major event like The Sports Celebrity Dinner & Auction.
Contact Melissa@miltonchamber.ca to discuss the possibilities.
*Have your say.
Want to shape our programs and events? How about weighing in on issues of provincial and national importance?
From time to time, we invite members to take a survey on our behalf or on behalf of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce or Canadian Chamber of Commerce. Your response to these surveys directly impact the policies and programs at the local, provincial and national level. So if you want to have your voice heard, Take the Survey!
* Make sure that your Chamber profile is up-to-date and contains complete contact information including social media profiles
- We hit the ground running with a 50 word write up on your business on our website and in our bi-monthly Business eNews with a link to your website.
- We welcome all new members on Twitter with a link to your site.
- Renewing Members get a listing in the bi-monthly eNews with a link to their website.
- We print an annual business directory which lists ALL businesses in Milton. Of course, we highlight Chamber Members so their listings stand out from the rest!
- Potential Customers can access our online directory from the Chamber Website.
- Chamber members are referred first to incoming calls for local business references.
* Let everyone know that you are a Chamber Member
- Proudly display your certificate and/or decal in your place of business.
- Add our logo to your Website. Download our logo here.
- Get Featured! Has the Chamber made a positive impact on your business? Whether you have a quick comment or plenty to say, we’d be pleased to feature you on our website with a link to your site, in our social media, and in other publications. For more information, contact Krista@MiltonChamber.ca.
- We Are Milton Chamber. Have your photo taken holding the #WeAreMiltonChamber sign at an upcoming event and give us a line or two about why you are a member of the Chamber.
- Send us a Testimonial. When a few words won’t adequately convey your story, a testimonial will give you the perfect way to express yourself.
* Follow us on social media
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiltonChamber/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MiltonChamber
- Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/milton-chamber-of-commerce/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miltonchamber/
Then, let us know when you have a special announcement or news to share and we’ll share it on our channels too!
* Offer a Member 2 Member discount.
This is how we promote M2M discounts.
We publish the list of discounts available on our website AND feature a different offer each week in our Weekly eNews and in the Bi-Monthly eNews. For more information, contact Melissa@MiltonChamber.ca.
*Grow your network.
New to Milton or looking to expand your contacts? Our Networking events get you on the radar of Milton's most influential Business and Community Leaders.
We have networking events to suit your goals and comfort level.
- Business After Hours – Our most popular monthly event! Hosted at different Member Business on the 4th Tuesday of each month.
- The Milton Breakfast Club – Polish off your best elevator pitch and tell your story over a delicious breakfast.
- Milton Young Professionals – Under 45? Make connections among your peers while growing your network and learning from experts.
Members like doing business with other Members. Why not let them know what you have to offer?
Whether you want to build your brand or advertise a one time offer, we have an advertising option to suit your needs and budget. Learn more.
- Candidates Meetings
- Learning Opportunities
- Government Relations
Benefit plans. Savings plans. Learning Opportunities. We've got it all.
Whether you are a company of 1 or 100, we’ve got a plan for you. Best of all, all of your employees are entitled to participate in your Chamber Plan. Learn more about:
Want to explore other ideas? Contact Melissa@miltonchamber.ca